The following documents are to assist and provide information for Educational Assistants working at Trillium Lakelands DSB regarding the Posting/Allocation/Bumping process.
Click the link below to access the documents (PDF):
Your collective agreement sets our your rights and responsibilities at work. If you have any questions or concerns about your treatment, please talk to your steward or a member of the executive.
CUPE Central Agreement
CUPE Extension Agreement September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2019
Custodial Maintenance Collective Agreement
- Download the Custodial Maintenance (CM) Local Agreement
- Download the Locally Agreed to Items from 2015 (CM)
- Download the Locally Agreed to Items from 2012 (CM)
Office Clerical Technical/Educational Assistants Collective Agreement
- Download the Office Clerical Technical/Educational Assistants (OCTEA) Local Agreement
- Download the Locally Agreed to Items from 2015 (OCTEA)
- Download the Locally Agreed to Items from 2012 (OCTEA)
- Download the OCTEA Wage Grid 2014-2017
By-Laws and the CUPE Constitution are documents that outline the rules and procedures that CUPE is governed by.
Click the links below to view the selected document in PDF format:
Your CUPE 997 Executive acted on recommendations made by CUPE National regarding some required changes and some suggested best practices for our CUPE 997 By-Laws. As a result your executive is recommending the by-law amendments posted on our website (CUPE997.ca) under Resources>CUPE Constitution and CUPE 997 By-Laws.
These proposed by-law amendments will be presented, debated and voted on at the October 15, 2016 General Membership Meeting to be held at Macaulay Public School on Cedar Lane in Bracebridge. The start time for the meeting is 10:00 am. All CUPE 997 Members are welcome to attend.
CUPE represented Education Workers in Ontario transitioned to a new Provincial Benefits plan as of March 1, 2018. Please click the links below for all of the updates regarding this new Provincial Benefits Plan:
- CUPE_Benefits Bulletin-EN-13 Feb2018
- CUPE_Benefits Bulletin-EN-29Jan2018
- CUPE_Benefits Bulletin-EN-09Jan2018
- CUPE Benefits Trust Bulletin 22 Dec 2017
- CUPE_Bulletin – New March 1,2018 Transition Date
- CUPE Benefits Bulletin Nov 6 2017
- CUPE Benefits Trust Bulletin August 2017
- CUPE Benefits Trust Bulletin June 2017
- CUPE Benefits_Bulletin March 1 2017
- CUPE Province Wide Benefits Update – Feb 2017
- CUPE_Benefits Bulletin – Oct 2016
- CUPE Benefits Survey Results – June 2016
- CUPE Member Benefits Trust FAQ – April 2016
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) overview
Morneau Shepell is the world’s largest employee assistance program (EAP) provider, supporting employees and their families so that they can manage work, health, and life challenges. All support services are accessed voluntarily by the individual and are strictly confidential. Our approach is focused on innovation and client service excellence; we are the only provider that has developed a broad range of clinically-sound digital delivery channels including video counseling, live online chat (First Chat), and an award winning app — My EAP.
CUPE 997 Members are eligible for some corporate discounts in addition to Edvantage (located under Resources/OTIP). The following links will take you to these discounts:
ONTARIO TEACHERS INSURANCE PLAN (OTIP)
As a member, you have access to the following OTIP products and services:
OTIP makes it easy for you to find the forms you need online or get answers to questions. By logging in to our secure self-service tools, you can review your benefits, update your information, or make a claim. Click here to log in.
Get the protection you need and the value you deserve with exclusive group savings on auto and home insurance. And you can save even more with OTIP’s special discounts. Click here to get a quote today, and see how much you could save!
OTIP offers health, dental and travel insurance for retirees. The Retired Teachers Insurance Plan (RTIP) offers the most flexible health, dental and travel insurance available to the retired education community. Simply choose the plan that best meets your needs. Click here to learn more about RTIP.
OTIP offers 12 academic bursaries of $1,500 every year. The bursary program promotes post-secondary education for our insured members and their relatives by investing in their future. Click here to learn more about the OTIP bursary program.
The CAREpath Navigation System, Survivor Support Program and Cancer Information Line help those living with cancer navigate the complex heath care system so they can receive the best treatment and support. Click here to learn more about CAREpath.
A savings program available exclusively to Ontario’s education community. Get discounts on travel, electronics, clothing and more! Click here to start saving.
A web-based mental health care program that guides members and their care provider (whether it be a counsellor, psychologist, or family physician) to identify emotional and mental health issues as early as possible. Getting the right diagnosis and treatment helps members feel better sooner. Click here to learn more about FeelingBetterNow®.
Permanent CUPE 997 members and temporary CUPE 997 Members who have worked a minimum number of hours are eligible for an OMERS pensions.
If you have questions about your pension, or about your eligibility to join the plan, please talk to your steward or a member of the executive or click the link below for more information.
- Visit the OMERS web site for more information and or register for My OMERS and use a pension calculator
We have provided a list of Fact Sheets below that address a number of Frequently Asked Questions. These documents provide information & clarification regarding TLDSB Policies/Procedures and Collective Agreements and other items relating to our employment with the Trillium Lakelands DSB.
Please click on the bulleted items below to access the PDF file:
Fact Sheets applicable to all CUPE 997 Members:
- Sick leave plan information
- Termination of LTD coverage
- Board expectations on a snow or inclement weather day
- Appropriate use of TLDSB Computers, email and Internet
- Incident Accident Reporting
- Use of Personal Vehicle
- 17-18 Scheduled Unpaid Leave Plan (SULP) Fact Sheet
- Family Medical Leave Fact Sheet
- Mandatory Attendance at Meetings – Events Fact Sheet
Fact Sheets applicable to OCTEA Members:
- Administration of Medication
- Educational Assistants attending on Field Trips – Overtime – Lieu Time
- OCTEA Short Term Leave of Absence
- EA Yard Duty Fact Sheet
Fact Sheets applicable to Custodial Maintenance Members:
- Custodial Duties – Community Use of Schools
- Early Start Time For Friday Afternoon Shift – Custodial Staff
Article 26.01 of the Collective Agreement
“On September 1 of each year, the Board will provide an annual non-cumulative sum of $16,000 (sixteen thousand dollars) for Professional Development purposes, which fund may be accessed by employees from both the Custodial/Maintenance, and Office Clerical, Technical and Educational Assistants Bargaining Units.”
The purpose of the CUPE 997 Professional Development Fund is to enhance the skills, knowledge and personal growth of CUPE 997 Members.
Click the links below to view the selected document in PDF format:
Each year CUPE 997 is proud to be able to select through a random draw, 2 recipients for our CUPE 997 Bursary. The bursary is for $500 each and is for dependents of CUPE 997 Members attending post secondary school in the fall. The draw takes place at the May General Membership Meeting.
The CUPE 997 application form along with compete qualification requirements for the Bursary will be posted on this site in early January and will have a application deadline of April 15.
Click the links below to access the application for the May 2018 draw:
CUPE 997 Permanent Members are also eligible to apply for the annual OTIP Bursary. Please refer to the OTIP page under Resources on this website for more information.